Wednesday, September 25, 2013

O is for Oliver

In the alphabet that makes up my day-to-day life, O is most definitely for Oliver. My sweet, sweet Ollie. I do wish the world could experience how amazing this little boy is.  Everything that Oliver does is robust...so full of life. When he plays it's dramatic and intense. When he eats he enjoys the food as if it was the best thing he's ever tasted. When he hears music he dances, no matter where he is. When he laughs it comes from deep down inside and exits like a roar. He never does anything with less than all that he has.

I get very defensive when people "shhhh!" my Oliver. I never want him to tone himself down a couple of notches. I never want him to hide the light that he was given. He is a force, and I pray that he remains that way.

You see, it is though just when I thought my heart was as full as it could ever be, God whispered "Watch what I can do" and made my Oliver. His birth and first birthday were clouded by death. Both times I was told that I should enjoy Oliver quietly...that the days were too sad to celebrate silly little birthdays. But that has never slowed my Oliver. He's a bright spot. He refuses to be dimmed. Life says be quiet. Life says be sad. Life says that every day is not cause for celebration. But my Oliver ignores all of that, so I will try to also.

Happy 2nd Birthday to my Oliver. My sweet, sweet Ollie. Thank you for showing me how life is meant to be lived.




1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Oliver. Aunt Dawn loves loves love you and your chubby cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete